How to Stay Informed at West Woodland
There are a number of ways to stay informed regarding your child’s education. Information comes from a variety of sources including the school, your child’s classroom, the community and the school district. Read more to find out how you stay in touch with each source.
Information from West Woodland
#1. Email & The Wildcat Chat – The primary way that West Woodland will share information is through the Wildcat Chat, a newsletter that is emailed weekly and includes event information, volunteering opportunities & Principal & PTA communications. Email is also the way emergency school closures & last minute updates will be shared. To stay informed:
- Provide an accurate email address on the school on the verification form, and then keep that contact information up to date through the SOURCE (see below)
- Do not “unsubscribe” from any of the emails, or you will be removed from the mailing list.
- If you suspect you are not receiving these emails, contact West Woodland Main Office first and make sure that they have the correct e-mail address for you. For more complicated situations, please contact SPS TechLine at 206-252-0333 to make sure your e-mail address has not been blocked.
#2. West Woodland School Website: Here you’ll find the school calendar, weekly announcements, lunch menus, parent resources, student activities & much more.
Have something to add to the West Woodland Website or the Wildcat Chat?
Read the Posting Guidelines first!
Information from Your Child’s Classroom
- Your child’s teacher will inform you of how he or she will communicate with you.
- Attend curriculum night to hear from your teacher which method they will use to communicate.
- If your teacher chooses to use the new “Schoology” system to share messages, assignments & calendar items, you’ll need to sign up to participate.
Test Scores, Attendance & Library Account
- You can look up your child’s test scores, attendance, lunch & library account status for overdue books by logging into the SOURCE.
- Log in or sign up here: THE Source
- Grades are delivered in a hard paper copy at the end of each quarter, usually via your child’s homework folder. There is not currently a way to review grades electronically.
Connect with the Community
- PTA Meetings – Meeting times & topics are listed on the school calendar as they become available
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WestWoodlandPTA (Follow the page to receive updates in your Facebook feed)
- Twitter – Follow @codewildcats – This is used for emergency purposes only, including information regarding school closures and family reunification.
- PTA Newsletter – Sign Up for the PTA Newsletter Today!
Information from the District
- Seattle Public Schools has its own set of communication tools similar to what’s listed above, including a newsletter, Twitter & Facebook accounts, automated calls and email alerts.
- For more information on how the district communicates, check: https://www.seattleschools.org/