The West Woodland PTA offers need-based scholarships and family support programs for our families. Please see a list of available scholarships and programs below.
Scholarships are available to for field trips and before and after school activities that are held at school. All requests are confidential. Below is a list of need-based scholarships a student may apply for during a school year. In some cases, West Woodland PTA provides a 75% scholarship and the student is responsible for the remaining 25%. If it is a financial hardship to pay 25% of the activity cost for your student, please indicate this on the scholarship form.
One per year
Choir: 75% scholarship
How to Apply: During open registration at the beginning of the school year, fill out the regular Choir registration form and choose “I am applying for a scholarship.”
Two per year
Chess: 75% scholarship (two registration periods)
How to Apply: During open registration (Fall and Spring sessions), fill out
the regular Chess registration forms and choose “ I request a scholarship.”
One per Quarter (Fall, Spring, Winter)
Enrichment Classes: 75% scholarship,
Wacky Wednesday: 100% scholarship
How to Apply: During open registration on the Enrichment or Wacky Wednesday page, fill out the regular registration forms and choose “ I need to apply for a scholarship.”
Field Trips: 100% scholarship
How to Apply: Ask your student’s teacher how to obtain a scholarship for field trips.
Family Support Fund
West Woodland has resources available to help families in times of emergency or who might be struggling. Families who would like help accessing resources can contact Farah Thaxton or Leslie Easton, West Woodland school counselor, at 206-252-1589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Contact our Principal, Farah Thaxton or our school counselor, Leslie Easton
This is a gift program to help ensure our West Woodland families have a special holiday. Families can request gifts for their children or gift cards for their family. Requests received from families can be found on the gift tags decorating our Wildcat outside the office.
How to Apply:
Families will receive a form to participate at parent-teacher conferences in November. You may also request a form from Marty in the office or Leslie Easton, our school counselor. Forms should be turned into the office the end of November/early December.
The Wildcat Giving tags are usually made available to the school community the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Contact Angie Heinrich, Scholarship Coordinator, at email@example.com.